High school sweethearts.

High school sweethearts is a topic that I have found to be personal to me, but one that my opinion has changed of so greatly in recent times.

I know that the notion of high school sweethearts is somewhat a topic of dispute, with some believing you can't know if you haven't tried anything else and others believing that when you know, you know.

For me, years ago I was in the first category. I was terrified by the fact that I hadn't actually experienced anything else. I thought that because my fiancé and I had only dated one another, we could never work out forever. I believed that we needed to see what else was out there. This did put a fair but of strain on our relationship years ago. Let me tell you now, I am so glad that we pushed through those times.

So glad because now my opinion has changed entirely to the latter and I feel so strongly about it. To me now, the notion of high school sweethearts is the most hope-filling, lovely thing I can think of. What's better than that unspoken bond that can only come with growing older with someone by your side? I believe that there is nothing better than knowing that yes, people change so much from high school to real life but that yes, you can grow and change with someone, not apart from someone. If you relationship has lasted all these changes and you still whole-heartedly love that person, I genuinely believe nothing can stop you.

It is the best feeling looking at my fiancé knowing that I loved him when he was a 17 year old school boy, to a 20 year old uni student, to a 25 year old accountant. It is proven to me day in and day out that we know each other inside out, but that we still are learning things about each other too. Personally, I am never bored of him and his presence and I look forward to so many more years with this person I know so well. I am confident to say that I am so deeply in love with him, knowing all of him - his past, his present and hopefully his very bright future with me.




I've had all three of these loves with the one person - that first love, that painful love that brings growth and that true unconditional love xx

Popular posts from this blog

The waiting game...

Love.

miss you?