SAYONARA 2017

This year has been HUGE.

In terms of profession, it is the year I began my career as a graduate teacher. I have never been so tired in my life, but nor have I ever felt so rewarded. I have grown through the year in so many ways and my love for what I do is only going to continue to grow. Through this, I have learnt that hard work and organisation will be rewarded. I have also learnt to be proud of who I am and what I bring, trying to doubt myself much less.

In my personal life, I think it has been the hardest year yet. But as it is drawing to a close, I am ecstatic to say that I am coming through the other side. I have learnt this year that communication is absolutely essential. I have also learnt the value of understanding and forgiveness. I have learnt that through pretty dark times, if you honestly believe that your love for the other is deep, working through it is so worth it. I can guarantee that my love for my partner is deeper and more real than it has ever been - our souls have been stripped bare and I really do feel that our bond is stronger than ever. We have both learnt a lot about each other and I'm confident that will continue.

Right now, I am two days out of a trip to Japan with the love of my life. Things are looking pretty amazing. As huge as this year has been, it has given me so much that will form a large basis of next year. I will not forget the lessons I have learnt but as I move into 2018 I feel ready to move forward towards a very bright future. The feeling I have right now of a sense of contentment that comes with being calm, in love and so optimistic is priceless. 

On that note, thank you 2017 for all you taught me, but you will probably be able to hear me from Tokyo shouting SAYONARA 2017!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Love.

The waiting game...

miss you?