goodbye 2012.

Living in the society we do today, we often keep looking forward, wishing for tomorrow, instead of remembering to look back, and reflect that all that has happened and all that we have learnt.
This is no more true than on New Years Eve. We find ourselves making resolutions for the year ahead, wishing for a better, bigger, brighter year. We forget that it brings another aspect, and that is reflection.
I too, often fall victim of this. But today, on the last day of 2012, I have decided to take a moment to reflect on the year that was.
This year, I learnt more than I have ever learnt before. It’s been eventful, had its ups and downs but I am grateful for every single experience.
Long story short, this year I have:

- had my first year out of highschool
- started a uni course
- dropped out of a uni course
- worked 3 jobs
- quit 2 jobs
- got a promotion to management
- celebrated 2 years with my boyfriend
- volunteered overseas in Vietnam
- travelled to Thailand
- been to Queensland
- been to Sydney twice
- figured out what I want to do as a career

I could go on longer, but I’ll spare you the details. The point is, yes, the year starts again, time ticks over, but the year you have just had shouldn’t lose any value.
Take some time to list everything that has happened to you this year, good or bad, and try to tell me that last New Years you had that planned.
The resolutions we make today for the year ahead will be only a tiny speck of what you can expect to come your way. Writing this right now, I know that when I read this back in a years time I will laugh at how I had no idea of what was in store for me this year.
So, this year, my main resolution is to live in the moment as positively as I can. To embrace every opportunity I receive and to spend my year the happiest version of myself I can be.
They say your life flashes before your eyes when you’re nearing your death, but truth is, the past year flashes before your eyes every New Years Eve, so let’s do our best to make sure it’s worth watching.



Popular posts from this blog

The waiting game...

miss you?

buckle up and enjoy the ride.